Last time we touched on the 7 natural wonders of the US, however as humans, we’ve created some pretty phenomenal stuff. What makes it so amazing? It could be that it was made in a short amount of time, it was built without modern technology, or even just that it defied all expectations. Ultimately it’s up to the individual and again the list below isn’t official, just the top attractions people suggest. Tell us what you think…do you agree?
- Rushmore – made of granite it took over 10 years to complete & welcomes close to 2 million visitors a year.
- Brooklyn Bridge – 1.1 miles long, it was the longest suspension bridge until 1903 & the toll today costs less than when it first opened!
- Washington Monument – surviving an earthquake & still standing 555 feet tall, this monument is much different than the original design.
- Golden Gate Bridge – 1.7 miles long & the first non-building structure to receive the “Distinguished Building Award.”
- Space Needle – intended of being unveiled at the opening of the World’s Fair, the needle is 605 feet tall with the foundation reaching 30 feet underground & the rotating restaurant turns with just a 1.5 horsepower motor.
- Empire State Building – Built during the Great Depression, the building is 102 floors & 1,454 feet tall (to the tip).
- Hoover Dam – Built with the intention to provide water & hydroelectric power, it’s located on the Nevada/Arizona border & holds enough water to irrigate 2 million acres.
Another month has passed and that means it’s time to feature another one of our spectacular drivers! Meet William Ciesielska, a lowboy contractor out of our Goshen, IN terminal! William currently resides in Tennessee and has been a Star Fleet contractor for a little over 3 1/2 years.
William’s only skill isn’t driving truck, though. He’s also fantastic photographer, great at IT, and a fluent French speaker! Oui c’est vrai!
When he’s not out on the road he enjoys spending time with his wife, taking photos, and skiing. What you might not know about him is that from 1998-2000 he owned a pastry and chocolate company in Montreal, QC. We’re betting that was a sweet gig! 😉
One thing William would like to do when he gets the chance is to climb Mt. Rainier in Washington as it’s one of his bucket list items.
We’re so glad to have William in our fleet – thanks for choosing to #DriveForStarFleet!