As an owner-operator driver for Star Fleet, we know that you get to travel all across the U.S. and see some pretty amazing stuff. Capturing those moments is incredibly rewarding & with our monthly photo contest, you have the chance to be rewarded in cash! So what makes a good photo? Below you’ll find some tips on what makes a good picture overall & what the Star Fleet team is looking for in the pictures you submit & see some of our past winners that utilized these suggestions.
- Take advantage of the scenery around you. It doesn’t have to be something rare, but using objects in the scenery surrounding you is a great way to draw attention to your main subject (your truck)!
- Make sure your truck is in the picture. Of course we love to see you and a peek inside your home life, but we want to see what you see on the road (including the vehicle that got you there)!
- Try another perspective. Sometimes shooting a picture with everything perfectly centered & head on, can eliminate some of that scenery you’re trying to include. Try going higher or lower or even at a different angle (sometimes the sky is a really neat background).
- Take photos when the sun is lower in the sky. Whether that’s early in the morning or in the evening, this is called the “golden hour” when light is warmer & softer. This isn’t always true, but a good guideline.
- Capture the season. What’s fun about this is that the seasons are different depending on where you are. Autumn in the Midwest isn’t the same as autumn in the south.
Also as a reminder to enter the photo contest, post your picture to our Facebook page or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered as a finalist. We will choose 5 finalists & post those where you like the one you want to see win. Good luck!
As we all continue to hear about the truck driver shortage, one solution many industry professionals say can help is to recruit more women to the industry. As we at Star Fleet Trucking recruit more drivers in general, we welcome women here at Star Fleet and thus wanted to feature one of them as our driver of the month. For February, let us introduce you to Debi Warner!
Debi is based out of our Twin Falls, Idaho terminal and has been in the trucking industry for 3 years, all of them here at Star Fleet Trucking! In her time with us she says the funniest thing she’s seen on the road was in Ash Spring, NV where she saw a little burro in the back seat of a van with his head sticking out of the window. Check it out for yourself!
Prior to coming on board with us, she worked in the accounting department of a law office for 7 1/2 years. She’s been married for 20 years to Jim (pictured above) who also drives for Star Fleet. When she’s not hauling units, Debi enjoys camping, motorcycling (she and her husband are members of Harley’s Owners Group (HOG)), and indulging in her favorite foods, chocolate and strawberries!
We’re so glad to have Debi in our fleet – thanks for choosing to #DriveForStarFleet!